The Perfect Vows


The exchange of wedding vows is the reason for the wedding ceremony.  They are very romantic and the perfect way to express your feelings and commitment towards one another.  

Many couples write their own vows.  Inspirations can be taken from poems, movies, music or the bible.  Actually, the first wedding ever was between Adam & Eve and God was the officiant.  When God presented Eve to Adam, his vows were like this:

"This is now bone of my bones 
And flesh of my flesh; 
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man."

Then God concluded:  "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."  Isn't that totally brilliant?  We can get great insight from this.

Vows usually consist of what characteristics each bring out in each other, what they look forward to in life, how their lives changed once they met and the length of the commitment.  They usually are 2 to 3 minutes long.

One of my favorite vows came out of the book of Ruth:

"For wherever you go, I will go;
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
And your God, my God.
Where you die, I will die,
And there will I be buried.
The LORD do so to me, and more also,
If anything but death parts you and me."

Now, those are some vows!  Need to say no more.


Beauty in the Making
Miami Beach Wedding Planning, Design & Coordination
(786) 597-0382

No comments:

Post a Comment